Both the traditional and the modern are right at your fingertips while staying at the beautiful Sennichi House. While just across the bridge from the famous samurai district and a short walk from the Ninja Temple, Sennichi house is also just a few minutes from the downtown area with all the best shopping and restaurants in Kanazawa.
Description of the house
The house is cozy yet perfect for a group up to four to relax after a great day of walking around the city. The ground floor’s open kitchen and living room make it great for families or friends to relax with food and drink, all while enjoying the large private garden. There is a kitchen table, sofa, TV, shower room and toilet on the ground flood as well. Upstairs has two beautifully decorated bedrooms, one with two single beds and one for two futons, separated by a small hallway. Please note there is no washing machine at Sennichi House.
Ten steps from the front door is a view of the Saigawa River, one of Kanazawa’s two famous rivers. You will instantly know why Kanazawa is called “little Kyoto” while enjoying the view overlooking the river and the city. Everything including supermarkets, convenience stores, restaurants, and art galleries are less than a ten minute walk from Sennichi House.
Plans and equipments
- Table Ware
- Kitchen Ustensil
- Electric Kettle
Location of the house
Katamachi is the main district of downtown Kanazawa. While you have all the conveniences of the big city like restaurants, shopping and live music, you are just a couple minutes away from the famous samurai district, the ninja temple, the 21st century museum of contemporary art, and the beautiful Saigawa River. Walk, take a bus, or rent a bike and easily get to all of the sights in Kanazawa like the famous Kenroku-en garden, Omicho fish market, and Higashi Chaya tea district. The food in Kanazawa is to die for, and there is no other place to get a better look at the selection of dishes than in Katamachi.
- Pluses: Convenient for eating, shopping and people watching. Very close to Naga-machi samurai distict. 20 minute walk to Kenroku-en garden
- Minuses: Not as traditional as other neighborhoods.
- Shops: Marue mini supermarket - Ceramic galleries and traditional umbrella store - Many different kinds of restaurants and cafes - Daiwa and other department stores - Daily Yamazaki convenience store
- Transports: Buses from Kata-machi stop take you anywhere in the city. Many taxis available.
- Restaurants: Bottega di Takamazzo, Italian - Zu-san, Tempura - Kappou Takeshi, Traditional Japanese - La Nene Goose, French - 8-40 Banchi, Japanese BBQ
- Attractions: Nagamachi Samurai District - Ninja Temple - Saigawa river - Downtown Kanazawa - 21st Century Museum of Contemporary Art
In the area
Frequently asked questions