Term of Service
Use of the Website is determined by full acceptance of the terms of service set out hereafter. These terms of service are apt to be modified or added to at any stage; we therefore invite users of the Website to consult them regularly.
The Website is normally accessible to users at all times. An interruption for technical maintenance purposes can be decided upon by JAPAN EXPERIENCE, who will communicate the date and time of such interventions to users beforehand.
General presentation of the Website
The aim of the Website is to supply users with information about the services provided by JAPAN EXPERIENCE as well as, more generally, Japan-themed information.
The Website furthermore constitutes the principal platform for users to place orders with JAPAN EXPERIENCE. In this case, the we invite users to consult the Conditions of sale which set out the framework for the contractual relationship between customers and JAPAN EXPERIENCE.
Contractual limitations on technical data
The minimum configuration required for access to the Website is as follows:
- Browsers: Firefox 24, IE 11, Chrome 30
- Screens: mobile 320x480, tablet 800x480, PC 1280x800
Users of the Website undertake to access the Website using equipment which complies with the configuration standards described above and which does not contain any viruses.
The name “JAPAN EXPERIENCE”, the logos, slogans and trademarks, whether registered or not, represented on this website, are the exclusive property of Mr. Thierry Maincent. Any usage, reproduction and/or modification which is made of them without the express prior written agreement of JAPAN EXPERIENCE would be likely to constitute counterfeit, as set out under Articles L. 335-2 onwards of the Intellectual Property Code and would be likely to lead to the counterfeiter being held civilly and criminally responsible for them.
The presentation of the Website’s contents is protected, as a whole, by current applicable laws on intellectual property, of which JAPAN EXPERIENCE is the title holder. No reproduction and/or representation, whether partial or entire, can be made without express prior written agreement from JAPAN EXPERIENCE.
Drawings, photographs, pictures, texts, animated sequences with or without sound and other documentation represented on the Website are subject to industrial and/or intellectual property laws and are, according to different cases, the property of JAPAN EXPERIENCE or third parties which have provided JAPAN EXPERIENCE with limited rights of use.
In respect of this, any reproduction, representation, adaptation, translation and/or modification, partial or entire, or transfer to another website is forbidden.
If you wish to obtain further information about the title holders of rights, please consult the “Credits” page of the Website.
Personal data and Cookies
As part of usage of the website, JAPAN EXPERIENCE is apt to collect a certain amount of personal data about users.
Personal data thus collected is intended for JAPAN EXPERIENCE, who are also responsible for processing it.
This personal data will be processed in compliance with Law n°78-17 of 6 January 1978 and with General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
In order to obtain further information about personal data collected by JAPAN EXPERIENCE and its confidentiality policy, we invite users to consult our page devoted to personal data protection on the Website.
Furthermore, browsing of the website by users is apt to bring about installation of cookies on users’ computers.
In order to obtain further information about the cookies used by JAPAN EXPERIENCE and to manage their preferences concerning them, users are invited to consult the page devoted to cookies on the Website.
Limitation of liability
JAPAN EXPERIENCE makes every effort to supply information on the Website which is as accurate as possible. However, JAPAN EXPERIENCE cannot be held liable for any omissions, inaccuracies and shortcomings in updates, whether due to JAPAN EXPERIENCE or the third-party partners who supply this information.
JAPAN EXPERIENCE reserves the right to modify the contents of the Website at any time and without prior notice and to interrupt or suspend all or part of the Website’s functions at any time and without prior notice. It cannot be held liable for the consequences of these modifications and interruptions.
Users are responsible to JAPAN EXPERIENCE and/or third parties for any material and/or immaterial, direct and/or indirect damage of any nature whether caused by users or people they are responsible for due to use of the Website which does not comply with these terms of service. The user guarantees JAPAN EXPERIENCE, as well as its parent, sister or affiliate companies, its representatives, its employees, its partners against any request, claim and/or recourse of any kind which arises from violation of the aforementioned provisions.
Applicable law and attribution of jurisdiction
Any possible litigation notably regarding the application, execution, interpretation and/or validity of the General Conditions of Use and/or use of the Website and/or services supplied which cannot be settle amicably will be subject to French law. The competent courts of Paris will have exclusive jurisdiction.
UGC Terms and Conditions
The following terms and conditions apply to our use of any words, pictures, images, data, information or any other ‘user-generated content’ (“Content”) that you upload, post or share using third-party websites or platforms including but not limited to Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest, YouTube, Snapchat, TikTok and Twitter (the “Third Party Platforms”) and which we use on our websites, in other marketing channels or in any Japan Experience owned social media platforms (“Japan Experience Media”).
Our Use of the Content
1. From time to time, we select Content in Third Party Platforms that we would like to use in Japan Experience Media.
2. The Content selected and used by us will be in accordance with these terms and conditions.
4. You must respond directly to us within the same chat, thread or by private message in order to release the agreed Content to us. If we do not receive your response, we will assume that you do not consent to our use of your Content and your Content will not be used by us in any Japan Experience Media.
5. By consenting to our use of your Content, you:
- a. confirm that the Content is your original creation and not copied from third parties;
- b. acknowledge that your Content may appear on Japan Experience Media; and
- c. grant Japan Experience and its affiliates a non-exclusive, worldwide, transferable, royalty-free, irrevocable, perpetual right and licence without compensation to use your Content as set out in these terms and conditions;
- d. confirm that you have all the rights necessary to allow us to use your Content;
- e. confirm that the creation and use of your Content in any Japan Experience Media complies with all applicable laws and regulations;
- f. warrant that your Content does not infringe or otherwise violate the copyright, trademark, trade, privacy or other intellectual property or other rights of any third party and that your Content is free from viruses and other malware; and
- g. waive any moral rights you may have in your Content, such as any right you may have to be named as the author of the Content or to protect the integrity of your Content.
6. You give us your permission for us to redesign, archive, reproduce, disseminate, display, publicly perform and/or replay and make publicly accessible, as well as to cut and edit, adapt and modify your Content or any part of it.
7. You accept that we may choose not to use your Content or to remove your Content from any Japan Experience Media at any time. You agree that you will not receive any payment or other remuneration if we use your Content in any Japan Experience Media.
8. If you remove any of the Content you released to us from the Third Party Platform it was originally posted on, then it will be removed from the Japan Experience Media only where your and our Third Party Platforms are linked, subject to reasonable delays for technical reasons. If your Content is used by us on Third Party Platforms which are not linked and as a result your Content is not automatically removed from the Japan Experience Media, and you would no longer like your Content to be posted on the relevant Japan Experience Media, then please contact Our Customer Service Contact Centre at email@example.com to notify us of your request. Once notified, we will remove your Content within a reasonable timeframe.
9. To the extent it is permitted by law to do so, we accept no liability for any damage, injury or loss suffered due to our use of your Content.
10. We will only use personal information supplied by you for the purposes of posting your Content, unless you provide your consent for us to use your personal information for any other agreed purpose.