This small vacation rental in Kyoto is ideal for a young couple or friends wishing to eat and sleep Japanese style in the most prestigious district of the city, Gion.
Description of the house
The house is all on the ground floor, and consists of a kitchen / dining room, two Japanese adjoining rooms for futons, bathroom (shower and Japanese ofuro bath), and restroom.
The Japanese bedroom will enchant you with its relaxing charms: aroma of tatamis, gentle lighting and the cosy comfort of futons. A tokonoma, an area where the Japanese have art objects and a flower arrangement, gives a personal touch to the living room.
You can prepare your meals in the kitchenette and comfortably eat them seated on the zabuton, Japanese cushion, in the lounge covered with tatami.
Gion is the oldest best preserved example of traditional Kyoto architecture. Our typically Kyotoite house is located 200 yards from the famous Hanamikoji street, which crosses Gion. This street is bordered with restaurants, accessories shops, craft shops, ochaya shops (tea houses). Spirituality is also two steps away from the house, in the enclosure of Kuenning Temple where the Zen Buddhism is practised.
Amenities, transport and supermarkets are all not far from the house
Plans and equipments
- Washing Machine
- Coffee Machine
- Table Ware
- Kitchen Ustensil
- Electric Kettle
Location of the house
This several centuries old district is famous for its entertainment reserved for Kyoto's intellectual and artistic elite. Find yourself immersed in a maze of small streets lined with beautiful Japanese architecture, in a sophisticated timeless universe where small shopkeepers, craftsmen, monks, rich clients and of course maïko and geïko all rub shoulders with each other.
- Pluses: A unique ambience. Pass maïkos and geïkos everyday at any time of the day. Near the city centre and the main historical sites of East Kyoto.
- Minuses: This very lively district is not conducive to lazy holidays.
- Shops : Fresco supermarket open 24 hours a day - Many Konbini - Post offices - Bicycle rental
- Transports: Bus service to easily connect to the city's other tourist areas. - Keihan train line to Osaka and Hankyu train line to Arashiyama and Katsura
- Restaurants: Jojo, cuisine is centred on vegetables from Kyoto - Izuju, sushi - Kezako, Modern good quality French cuisine - Oku Café
- Attractions: The Gion Corner, a theatre in the heart of Gion, gives a taste of the variety of arts (dances, floral arrangement, tea ceremony…). - Kennin-ji temple - Yasaka sanctuary - Kiyomizu-dera temple
In the area
Frequently asked questions