Located in one of Japan's last remaining hanamachi ("flower towns" or geisha district) still in activity, in Miyagawacho, a short walk south of the Gion district, a stone's throw away from the restaurants of Kawara-machi and seconds from the river banks of the Kamo-gawa, this house has been extensively renovated by a team of award-winning boutique hotel architects to the highest standard of comfort, luxury and safety.
Description of the house
The house is about 130 sqm in size on two floors and can accommodate up to 5 guests. The first floor comprises an entrance area, a dining area, adjacent to it a living area facing an interior garden, one tatami room with a view on the garden and one restroom.
The second floor has one western style bedroom, one adjacent tatami room, one restroom, a long corridor leading to the full bathroom with two sinks, a shower area with a bathtub.
Our house is located in one of Kyoto's most traditional, historical neighborhoods. It's a tranquil, slow-paced environment that also comprises some very famous Ochaya's (Geishas and Maikos entertainment venues) that have operated for centuries. Please understand that you will be part of the community for the duration of your stay and that you should respect the peace and quiet of everyone.
We sincerely apologize in advance for having to be a little strict.
1) No early check-in. No late check out.
Check-in is from 15:00. Check-out at 10:00.
2) As a licensed accommodation, we are required by law to register our guests, if you could please fill up the provided form at check-in and send us a copy.
3) Smoking is strictly prohibited on the property. For safety reasons, guests cannot smoke in the house, garden, entrance area, or anywhere within the building and property grounds. We reserve the right to cancel bookings in case of violation, and an additional cleaning fee of USD 400 may be charged to remove the smell of smoke from the house.
4) We kindly ask that the house be left in a reasonable order at check-out, as a common courtesy to our cleaning staff, even if we charge a cleaning fee. We reserve the right to charge an additional cleaning fee if the state of the house requires it.
5) We recycle our trash in Kyoto, and we kindly ask for your help. Please only leave your refuse bags in the area where the dumpsters are located, and never ever leave your trash bags in the streets, even if you see our neighbours doing so.
6) Please remove your shoes at all times when inside the house.
7) By accepting the rental, our guests agree to release us from all liability, including any and all liability for personal and fatal injuries, or damage and loss of personal belongings.
Plans and equipments
- Washing Machine
- Coffee Machine
- Table Ware
- Kitchen Ustensil
- Electric Kettle
Location of the house
In the area
Frequently asked questions