- Pre-charged and ready to use
- Can be used as an electronic wallet
- Valid in Tokyo and other major cities
The Pasmo prepaid card is a prepaid chip card that allows use of most forms of public transport (metro, trains, buses, monorail) in Japan. The card is charged for each journey or purchase by simply touching the terminals displaying the Pasmo logo.
- The Pasmo card is already loaded and ready for use.
- Only one Pasmo card per person is required: once the credit has been used up, the card can be topped up at the station as many times as needed.
- The Pasmo card can be purchased prior to your trip to Japan, without affecting its operation.
Originally created for Tokyo Prefecture, since March 2013 it can be used throughout almost all of Japan.
Pasmo card validity
The Pasmo card can be used for journeys in Japan's main cities: on JR train lines, private train lines, in the Tokyo subway, as well as in buses and taxis displaying the Pasmo logo.
Please note that the Pasmo card does not work on express trains or shinkansen.
The card also functions as an electronic wallet. You can make small purchases wherever you find the Pasmo logo. For example, in kombini (Japanese mini-markets), drinks vending machines or to pay for station lockers or car parks.
Practical information on the Pasmo card
- The Pasmo card is ready to use and already loaded with 2,000 yen (including a 500 yen deposit). To recover the deposit, you will have to return your card in the Tokyo area: at Narita and Haneda airports or Keisei and Keihin train stations.
- The Pasmo cards we offer are non-personal and are reserved for adult travellers. Children's Pasmo cards can be purchased directly in Japan.
- You can also keep your Pasmo card for your next trip. It will remain valid for 10 years.
Common questions related to the Pasmo Card